- Peacemakers Trust News:
- Case Studies, Papers and Letters
- Canada's obligation to hold Myanmar accountable for genocide. Catherine Morris, Briefing note, Lawyers' Rights Watch Canada and Peacemakers Trust, 13 June 2019. See the open letter to Canada's Minister of Foreign Affairs urging Canada to initiate ICJ proceedings against Myanmar. Note: On 25 June 2019, Peacemakers Trust was among the signatories of an open letter (English .pdf and français .pdf) to Canada's Minister of Foreign Affairs urging Canada to initiate proceedings against Myanmar in the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
- Letter to all Senators of Canada: Requesting Canada’s Senate to pass Bill C-262 immediately. 23 April 2019. Follow-up letters 21 May 2019, 6 June 2019, and 11 June 2019.
- "Noble Lies, Augustinian Lies and the Post-Modernist Black Hole: Truth, Reconciliation and the Church." Draft paper by Catherine Morris, now in the editorial process for publication in a forthcoming collection in mid-2019.
- "The Meaning of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Canada Today." Lenten presentation by Catherine Morris, Church of St. Mary of the Incarnation, Metchosin, BC, Canada, 22 March 2018.Speaking notes available online (pdf).
- Rohingya refugees from Myanmar at the “gates of hell”: International law duties of neighbouring States to refugees and asylum seekers, Catherine Morris, published by Peacemakers Trust and Lawyers' Rights Watch Canada, 9 November 2017
- Democracy continues to be undermined in Cambodia. Catherine Morris, IAPS Dialogue, the online magazine of the Institute of Asia and Pacific Studies, University of Nottingham, 9 August 2017.
- Canada's Forgotten Child Hostages. Op-ed by Catherine Morris in The Toronto Star, 16 May 2017.
- Open letter to President-elect Trump and government officials at all levels: Take an urgent stand to build respect and prevent violence based on gender, religion, race, ethnicity or political views, Open letter signed by 60 experts in the field of conflict resolution, 30 November 2016. See press release
- Morris, Catherine. "Justice Inverted: Law and Human Rights in Cambodia," in Handbook of Contemporary Cambodia, edited by Simon Springer and Katherine Brickell. New York: Routledge, 2016. Available online.
- Canada urged to support negotiation of treaty to prohibit nuclear weapons | Letter. 15 September 2016 (.pdf)
- Canada: Bill C-51: Selected Commentaries and Analyses: A Bibliography. May 2015
- Morris, Catherine. "The Impact of Mediation on the Culture of Disputing in Canada: Law Schools, Lawyers and Laws." In Mediation in Asia-Pacific: A Practical Guide to Mediation and Its Impact on Legal Systems, edited by Fan YANG and Guiguo WANG. New York: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, and Hong Kong: CCH Hong Kong, 2013. Available online (pdf)
- Morris, Catherine. "Cambodia’s strongman needs a little help from his friends: Canadian election observer Sheila Copps lends a hand," 4 October 2013. Available online
- Morris, Catherine. "Case Studies in Religion and Peacebuilding: Cambodia." In Religion and Peacebuilding, edited by Harold Coward and Gordon Smith. Albany, New York: SUNY Press, 2004. Available online (pdf).
- Morris, Catherine. Legal Consequences of Apologies in Canada. Working paper, October 3, 2003
- Morris, Catherine. Getting Past "Culture Clash": Sources, Escalation and Interventions for Deep-Rooted Conflict, Lecture Series on Responses to Terrorism: An Analysis, University of Victoria, February 19, 2002
- Morris, Catherine. Definitions in the Field of Conflict Transformation, revised 2002..
- Morris, Catherine, ed. Resolving Community Disputes: An Annotated Bibliography about Community Justice Centres. Victoria, BC: UVic Institute for Dispute Resolution 1994. (online with permission of UVic IDR)..
- Peacemakers Trust 2019 Highlights: Accountability of Myanmar for atrocity crimes; speaking tour in Southeast Asia; implementing Canada's TRC Calls to Action (.pdf).
- Peacemakers Trust 2018 Highlights: Non-state actors & peacebuilding: Religion, business, rights & conflict (.pdf).
- Peacemakers Trust 2016 Highlights: Peace work in a “post-truth” world (.pdf).
- Peacemakers Trust 2015 Highlights: Canada, Asia and Europe (.pdf).